Saturday, May 30, 2009

HUGE Book Sale!

I'm feeling guilty because I wasn't here yesterday to lug books out of the closet and get them all set out for our annual book sale. This is a lot of heavy, hot, dirty work and a few good people help with it every year. I don't know what we would do without these dedicated people. I thought that the sale might be a bit smaller this year because it is earlier and we still had some empty shelves in the closet left. You can only imagine my surprise when I saw the sale we've got this year! We have more tables full than ever! They had to go get 4 more tables! I can't believe it! (can I use another exclamation point?) Wow!


We've really been cleaning out the non-fiction collection so we won't have to move as much once the construction begins, so we have a lots of non-fiction. It looks that we have a good collection of children's books (always popular) and lots of children's books on tape, plus many VHS videos. I know, some of its old, but it's a BARGAIN!


The sale starts Monday, June 1, from 7 to 9 pm for all members of the Friends Group - anyone can join for $3. The sale will continue through the Brigham Heritage Festival on June 13. We've got to clear out all of these books because we've got no place to store them - we'll be almost giving them away.

Susan




No comments: