Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dewey: the movie


I just saw on Early Word http://www.earlyword.com/ (a great website to find out about the newest books being published), that "Dewey: a small town library cat who touched the world" is being made into a movie and guess who is playing the Director of the Library? Meryl Streep. I wonder who is playing the cat? I just read further in the article and I guess Meryl signed the contract in November of 2008 and since then nothing has happened with the movie except a re-write of the script. So - false alarm, too soon to get excited. Then again, how exciting can a movie about a cat in a library be? If they made a film about the birds living at our library (or if we'd even written a book), I think it would be pretty slow. The most exciting thing would have been the janitor cussing at the birds as he cleaned up the feathers.
Susan

No comments: