Thursday, February 16, 2012

Story time Review

I Lick You, Valentine!

For Storytime this week we celebrated Valentine's Day with stories, games and crafts. Our books included I Need a Valentine by Harriet Ziefert, My Froggy Valentine by Matt Novak, Henry and the Valentine Surprise by Nancy Carlson and Will you Be My Valentine by Cynthia Rylant. 


We made a valentine puppet using hearts to create a dog, then we added a long tongue under the flap of the paper sack that was made from a heart die cut book mark. I wrote on the tongue, "I Lick You Valentine!" 


We got the parachute out and tossed paper hearts around in the air with it. We did an activity with hearts that had activities listed on the back. A child would choose a heart and then the class would follow that child in doing what ever activity was listed. Crying like a baby, doing 5 jumping jacks and touching your toes with your elbow were a few of the fun choices. 


Next Week: Mittens
Michele, Children's Librarian

No comments: