Monday, March 4, 2013

Ideas for Family History and Genealogy

I have been working on printing my digital pictures using Snapfish. Some of the photos are old family pictures that go back to the 1800's. Some I recognize and know who they are. Some my Father who died two years ago could not tell me who they were. I know it is one of my Grandmothers...from Poland...taken in Canada with her children and their spouses. I Father thought that it was his Grandmother Caroline. She moved to Canada with all her children in the late 1800's. I do not know if her husband stayed in Poland or had died. She is the mother of my Grandfather John.

All I have in the way of photos and family history I have done. My mother had a large box of photos with no labels. Some I know....and some I do not. So I am going to make sure my chilldren know who these people are by labeling the photos or if they are in one of my scrapbooks...by labeling the back of the scrapbook page.

I send all of my photos to Snapfish. I get individual photos and organize them my family name to eventually go into the many pages I have made. When I do all of them I will then make more pages.
One service they have is a collage print. And that is where you can pick photos from your digital photos and create a collage. I love them. Since, I can put them in the front and back page of my scrapbook and make copies of the collage to send to relatives or friends. I made on of Disneyland from last year for someone who came with us and gave it to him. Great ideal!

Sue

Did you know the Brigham Library has a family history/genealogy database.  Check it out on our website http: //bcpl.lib.ut.us or come to our fun Library Week Fair on Thursday April 18th 3 pm to 8 pm and see all our electronic products everything from ebooks to e audio to online magazines!  Storytelling, refreshments, a fishing booth for the children and major prizes for over sixteen years of age.  Come and have a great time on National Library Week.

No comments: