Friday, November 7, 2014

THE BREAD REVOLUTION.

.My favorite bread cookbook is "THE TASSAJARA BREAD BOOK."  More than 30 years old, it covered whole grain bread making in an era when most people were still buying Wonder Bread.  It changed not only how I made bread, but the whole grain ingredients that I used.  I had never heard of the "sponge" method of raising bread and I enjoyed making making my loaves using my large white bowl.  "The Bread Revolution" by Peter Reinhart has the potential to revolutionize the making of bread for a new generation just like the "Tassajara Bread Book" did for mine.  The volume will be very interesting for those people who store whole grains and would enjoy the health benefits of baking with sprouted grains.

One negative note:  I was looking forward to this title then I opened the book and was disappointed at the font size and choice of print coloring. I found it difficult to read, might only be a personal issue. If you are using a protective cookbook stand in the kitchen for your recipes the print is very small and difficult to read at a glance while preparing a recipe.  Perhaps buying it as a ebook would making it more readable for the cooks who plan on preparing recipes from this book.


No comments: