Monday, May 11, 2015

Eggsectly The Perfect Cookbook

Eggsectly The Perfect Cookbook.

Sue Hill

5 Stars

May 11, 2015

I think there are many times when I question why I need to purchase any cookbook ever again.And then I run into a prefect cookbook like "The Perfect Egg: A Fresh Take on Recipes For Morning, Noon, And Night."  I really love this cookbook. 

The book is broken down between morning, snacks, afternoon, night, and sweets. There are a wide variety of ethnic dishes; some that i was familiar with and some that are new to me.  What I love about this cookbook is that many of the entries have 6 to 8 variations that give the reader the ability to change the finished outcome to their personal liking.

I appreciated the section on Decoding Egg Cartons too! Again great job of informing the reader to the difference between Cage-Free. Free Range and other terms. Then the two page beautiful color spread of the several different types of eggs used in cooking. All the way from Quail, to Ostrich and everything in-between.

I found the Anatomy of an Egg section most fascinating. I didn’t know an egg had so many parts! Grin! Then the authors start with cooking Techniques under the section titled Eggs 101 Basics and how to handle and store eggs – great stuff.
  In fact I learned I was storing eggs incorrectly.

I love breakfast foods for any meal and this cookbook will give me many recipes to try.




No comments: