Friday, September 25, 2015

A RECIPE FOR BOLDER BAKING

Sue Hill

4 Stars

September 25, 2015

Samantha has a wonderful writing style that keeps you enthralled, even in a cookbook.
The book is divided into various section of spice recipes with and a bit more. There is a section that explains about tips, ingredients and equipment which is very interested. What I love about the book is that there isn't a great reliance on sugar, the spices, chili, peppercorn, nutmeg, cardamom and a few others, are the heroes.

The recipes in this book are wonderful. Some of the ones that I thought looked really great are salt and pepper caramel brownies, summer berry focaccia, frozen eggnog pops, and my all time favorite gingerbread. I will say that I would not recommend these recipes to a beginning cook. They seemed a bit time consuming and difficult for a newbie. Someone who has been baking for a while though should have no problem with these fantastic recipes. I would highly recommend this cookbook

No comments: