Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Addicted to the computer?


It's one of those Wednesdays when I don't have any idea what to write about for my turn at the blog. I've pulled out my file of items I thought were interesting and here is a copy of Signs & Symptoms of Computer & Internet/Gaming addiction. I have no idea, these many months after I've stuck it in my file, where I was intending to go with it.


Let's see if you are addicted - do you have a yes response to 5 or more of these questions? If so, you are addicted. If you answer yes to 3-4, it suggests abuse but you aren't quite addicted yet.


1. Increasing amounts of time spent on computer and internet activities

2. Failed attempts to control your behavior

3. Heightened sense of euphoria while involved in computer and internet activities

4. Craving more time on the computer and internet

5. Neglecting friends and family

6. Feeling restless when not engaged in the activity

7. Being dishonest with others

8. Computer use interfering with job/school performance

9. Feeling guilty, ashamed, anxious, or depressed as a result of behavior

10. Changes in sleep patterns

11. Physical changes such as weight gain or loss, backaches, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome

12. Withdrawing from other pleasurable activities


If you can't get away from your farm, frontier, zoo, restaurant, facebook, maybe you need to check into reStart internet addiction recovery program at http://www.netaddictionrecovery.com/ and take their "are you addicted survey" and get some help :)

Susan


No comments: