Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful!

( Cleaning off our cars after work to go home)
Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the library is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Like, in your dreams - I'm past the Let It Snow stage of life - bring on the sun. I did have some place to go - back to work at the library. I'd have rather stayed snuggled in at my house. I think other people are feeling the same. We've only had about 8 people, total, in the library since I came back to work at 6. The weather this afternoon was probably as bad as the day of the "blizzard" but life went on as usual, and the city didn't tell the staff they could close the library and go home.


This afternoon, I was running errands in the rain one moment and cleaning inches of snow off my car the next. It was still snowing pretty hard when I came back to work and the roads were slick and covered with snow. I had hoped someone would call and say "stay home", but they didn't do that either. People keep tricking in - one at a time - they have the whole library to themselves. We'd like to go home but I wonder who else is going to brave it outside to come to the library before we close. The way it works, usually, everyone will wait until 8:30 and then we'll have a rush of people in.
It doesn't show signs of stopping, and we don't have corn for popping (or maybe we do), the lights are still up bright - Let's go home, Let's go home, Let's go home.

Susan







No comments: