Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011 Debut Author Challenge

Yep, finished another one.

Choker by Elizabeth Wood kept me on the edge of my seat. Murder or suicide? Run-away or abduction? Cara is your typical mousey invisible in high school, or is she? She has an unhealthy tie to an old friend, Zoe, who turns up wanting sanctuary in Cara's room. Cara agrees to hide Zoe for as long as she can, but Zoe starts acting more and more strange as Cara begins having friendships with girls on the track team. Finally, Cara gets attention from Ethan, her secret crush, and Zoe gets so strange, Cara decides she has to ask her to leave.

But Cara starts having suspicions about Zoe and she is not sure she dares tell her it's time to leave. How will Zoe react? How much should you give and take with a BFF?

I suspected three different endings and one of them was right, but Woods threw in a few twists that had me second guessing myself.

Now, on to The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver.

No comments: