Thursday, October 25, 2012

Story Time Review

This week time has flown by and I almost forgot it was my day to post to the blog! In our Story Time classes we talked about the 5 senses. We read Senses on the Farm by Shelley Rotner, Nosie Rosie by Holly Keller, Touching and Feeling by Katie Dicker, The Bear Went Over the Mountain by Iza Trapani, and Yummy, Yucky by Leslie Patricelli. We played a guessing game with some mittens and a blindfold. I put them on a child and then handed them an object to see if they could guess what it was. We tried some scent jars to see if we could guess familiar scents like peppermint, orange and pine. We sang and danced to Sticky Bubble Gum from the CD of the same title by Carole Peterson.

For our craft we used some homemade scratch and sniff paint to paint on flowers that I had cutout with the die cut machine. We glued them to popsicle sticks. I got the recipe for the paint on Pinterest.com.  I sent home a couple of take home activity pages, one on Tasting and one on  A Smelling Tour of your home.

Next week: Nursery Rhymes
Michele Schumann
Children's Librarian

No comments: