Friday, July 5, 2013

Family LEGO night

We held our first ever Family LEGO night on June 27th. We had 101 people attend! We began by coloring a Create your own mini figure page. Then once everyone had arrived and was seated we did a couple of group activities. First we played LEGO bingo. When I told my husband that this was my plan he said, "How do you play Bingo with a four letter word?" Of course you add an "S" to make it LEGOS I told him. I gave each family a blank grid and they added any LEGOS of their choice. Then I drew LEGOS out of a basket and if they had it on their grid they got to remove it. Once they had 5 in a row they yelled out LEGOS! and recieved a small prize.

We had a few 3 minute building challenges next. I held up a picture of a simple LEGO creation and each family tried to recreate it as closely as possible in the allotted time. Then they brought their creations up to the front and I judged which one was closest. If they were chosen they recieved a small prize.

We then had a free build time where they could create and build anything they wanted. We have these creations displayed in the children's department. Come in and see them!

We will hold another Family LEGO night on July 29th at 7:00 p.m.
Come and join us!

Michele Schumann
Children's Librarian
The Brigham City Temple by Caleb Barton
A Garden by 5 year old Seth Barton
A Star Wars Cruiser by Ian Glenn
A boat ski by Reed Johnson

A mountain climber and a picnic scene by Tiffany Everton

No comments: